A website by Jeffrey Veen
Things to watch for on a winter bike ride
02 Jan 2006
The San Francisco Bay Area has been pounded by storm after storm lately, but what’s a little rain to stop me from cycling? Here are the things I rode past, around, or over during the last few days:
- Numerous upended trees. Some enormous.
- A landslide.
- A dead fish. In the middle of the road.
- A dead snake. Same road.
- A live crab. A bit further on.
- Water so deep on the bike path that it covered my bottom bracket.
- Two teenagers hiding behind the north tower of the Golden Gate Bridge getting very close to third base.